green city partnerships
Dedicated to protecting Washington’s forested parks, natural areas and communities.
A community-based solution focusing on stewardship of our urban forests & parks
tackling a growing problem
a regional network
Building on the success of the Green Seattle Partnership, Forterra replicated and modified this model, building similar community-based stewardship programs around the region – creating a network of 15 Green Cities. Together they log over 115,000 volunteer hours at more than 1000 events each year.
green city partnership goals
- Improve the quality of life, connections to nature, and enhance forest benefits in cities by restoring our forested parks and natural areas
- Galvanize an informed and active community
- Ensure long-term sustainable funding and community support
Restoring our urban parks requires a partnership and coordinated effort
find your green city
become a green city
Corporate sponsorships offer a highly visible way to demonstrate your commitment to making our region a healthier and greener place to live, work and play. Our programs are uniquely developed to meet your corporate sustainability and engagement strategies.
2021 Green city days highlights
Green City Days 2021 celebrated 16 years of outstanding service and dedication to Washington’s forested parks, natural areas and communities! With your dedication and support, Green City Days was a huge success.
- Events throughout 58 parks
- 1,258 volunteers
- 9,653 native plants planted in community parks